(Alternative Youth Scouting)
- An inclusive group of families and scouting enthusiasts at the Ethical Society of St. Louis
- Open to all boys and girls in the St. Louis area
- 4-6 Stargazers (and little siblings of other Navigators)
- 7-10 Juniors
- 11-18 Seniors
- Focused on caring for the earth, outdoor skills, and ethical values
Children 5-18 are part of Chapter 33 of Navigators USA a national, inclusive scouting organization.
Create an organization that we would be proud to have our children join. Our adopted goals for this group:
- Where all Ethical Society values and principles can live and not be compromised.
- Everyone is welcome no matter their sexual orientation, gender, or religious beliefs.
- Youth of different ages and genders get to experience together and learn to work together for a common goal.
- Exploration and learning are at the core of the program.
- The outdoors is the classroom and respect for the outdoors is demonstrated through skills that embrace a “(leave no trace)” outdoor behavioral code.
- Youth learn leadership, character, and values as part of their participation.
- Reward is perceived through the helping of others, not for personal gain.
- Youth teach youth.
- Youth hold leadership roles helping to run the program.
- Youth see “fun” as one of the main descriptors of the program.
- Is sustainable (can continue with changing leadership and levels of participation).
For more information contact us at EthicalNav@gmail.com.
Sunday Ethical Education for Kids
10:00am to 12:00pm
Guiding young people from infancy through their late teens in the thoughtful exploration of the myriad ways people make sense of the world around them, we examine a wide variety of the world's religious traditions, including the one that brings us together - Ethical Humanism.