Core Values of SEEK
All our youth programs and lessons are organized around our core values: teaching them, demonstrating them in word and action, and helping our children contribute to a more loving and ethical world community.
- Every person is important and unique.
- Every person deserves to be treated fairly and kindly.
- I can learn from everyone.
- I am part of this earth; I cherish it and all the life upon it.
- I learn from the world around me by using my senses, mind, and feelings.
- I am a member of the world community, which depends on the cooperation of all people for peace and justice.
- I can learn from the past to build for the future.
- I am free to question.
- I am free to choose what I believe.
- I accept responsibility for my choices and actions.
- I strive to live my values.
Our youth programs operate as a collaborative. The Society has paid staff, a part-time Director and a part-time Administrator. They create the curriculum and manage the programs.
Our classes are facilitated by parents of children enrolled in the program. Parents volunteer to spend four to six hours a year teaching based on provided materials and curriculum.