- This event has passed.
Tai Chi with Don Beere
July 3 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Friday, repeating until July 31, 2020
Don Beere’s “Tai Chi for Arthritis and Health” class meets virtually every Friday at 10 a.m. and usually runs about an hour. As a silver lining to having to meet online, Don is teaching in a room with mirrors, so participants can see a back and front view, making it easier to follow the hand movements.
In addition, all the classes are recorded and available at http://www.donaldbeere.com/taiji.html. So you can learn earlier parts of
the form, watch the class again, and use it for practice.
Don is constantly adding new content to his tai chi page as well, including:
- An audio recording taking the listener through a progressive relaxation. This is a classic relaxation procedure used in psychology and medicine that is helpful to anyone whether or not you’ve taken tai chi.
- A full tai chi class with lecture and practice by Tai Chi Master H. H. Lui, 1985.
- “Thirteen postures,” a short video showing some of the basic movements, a good reminder for those who took that class.
- Audio recordings of the movements for the First Circle and the Five Elements, to help those who have taken those classes
- September 25 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm