- This event has passed.
Membership Anniversary Sunday!
September 8 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Featured speakers Alan Easton and Ruth Schwartz
Music: The Randy Holmes Dixieland Six
Welcome or welcome back to a new season at the Ethical Society! Enjoy Dixieland jazz by member Randy Holmes and friends, highlights from Ethical Humanist history, and reflections from long-time members. Join us as we honor the following member anniversaries:
- 60 years ~ Ruth Schwartz
- 50 years ~ Ellen Brasunas
- 40 years ~ Wilma and Norm Jamieson
- 30 years ~ Angela Bell, Alan Easton, Gwendolyn Hahn, Michele Maue, Geoffrey Nash, Norma Oberschelp, and Elizabeth Zelman
- 20 years ~ Bill Brizzard, Joe Corrigan, Jonathan Hill, Andie Jackson, and
- 10 years ~ Laris Arora, Jay Brieler, Matthew Brown, Danny Chatfield, Susan Clark, Laurie Fields, Don McQueen, Alex Miller, Mary Kaeser-Miller, Martin Reis, Barbara and Gabe Steinbach, Eleanor Sullivan, Cheryl Thomas, and Michele Thomas
Half of September 8th’s undesignated* collection will be donated to the American Ethical Union’s New Society Development Program, specifically to support the newest Ethical Society in Atlanta, Georgia! (*If you pay your membership pledge through the collection, write “pledge” on your check, and it will not be divided.)
Join Us After Platform for Potluck and Popsicles!
For our Fall Gathering this year, we’re having potluck and popsicles! We invite everyone to bring a potluck dish (with ingredient list) to the Society on September 8, for community lunch after Platform. We will provide special Ethical Society popsicles afterward, to be enjoyed in the sun! So, please bring a single non-dessert potluck dish with you September 8!