Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Science Enthusiasts Club: What Is Junk DNA?

April 14, 2019 @ 9:45 am - 10:45 am

ScienceClub2-2019-850x600

For this special 9:45 Forum, join Rich Feldenberg of the Ethical Society’s Science Enthusiasts Club to explore “Junk DNA.” Only 2% of our DNA codes for proteins; of the remaining 98%, some helps regulate gene activation, but a lot has no known function and is sometimes referred to as junk DNA. Learn how our genome has, over evolutionary time, held onto useless non-functional genes and DNA remnants of ancient viral attacks.

Details

Date:
April 14, 2019
Time:
9:45 am - 10:45 am
Event Category:
Event Tags:
, , , , ,

Venue

Hanke Room
9001 Clayton Road
St. Louis, MO 63117-1003